Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rides, Runs, Caches and Rain


Went for a run with Melissa Monday night. We went 2.3 miles but have no idea how long it took. Can you believe I went out for a run without a watch?! Eli, Isaac and I grabbed a cache nearby as well.

I had a great ride with Erin yesterday morning... 12.3 miles in 52 minutes for a 14.5mph average. She had a great ride for her first time back on the bike in quite a while. I stayed in the smallest chainring and smallest cassette to keep my rpm's up. After the ride, I had about 15 minutes left available for a run so I went out for a timed run. Turned out I ran 1.5 miles in 16 minutes. Not that impressive but given it's my first brick workout since April, I'm happy.

I didn't get to ride into work this morning or even ride this morning due to rain. There was a strong chance of rain in Wilson but not in our area so I planned on just riding from home to Snow Hill and back, about 21 miles. However, when I woke up this morning... RAIN... UGH! I'm really missing a good higher speed ride. Hoping to get one in tomorrow morning. Today after lunch we grabbed another cache as a family. Caleb was the first to spot it while the rest of us were still just starting. Great eyes Caleb! This made #10 on our 100 days of caching challenge.

Final ride results: 12.3 miles, 14.5 mph avg, 52:45
Bike miles this week: 12.3
Bike miles this month: 106.2
Run miles this week: 3.8
Run miles this month: 3.8

Until the next ride, run, swim or cache...

1 comment:

Followers