Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dogs & Geocaches


Had a great ride into work this morning. I have three dogs that come to "greet" me and chase me as I ride past them. The two bigger dogs just bark and generally stay along the edge of the yard but the small one gnarls, growls, barks and bites at me. Pastor Damon suggested I bring doggie treats but the pepper spray really sounds better to me. Today they were waiting on the road, spread out across both lanes running AT me. UGH! the two larger dogs on the outside and the little one in the middle. As I approached, the two larger moved off to their yard and the small one turns and chases after me. I'm telling, I think this dog wouldn't hesitate to BITE me if it could catch me. Luckily the adrenaline kicks in as the hair on my legs and arms stands straight up and I don't have an issue out "running" it. Perhaps tomorrow I will remember doggie treats and I'll see how that goes.
I also picked up a Geocache along the way this morning. Yesterday we went out as a family and picked up our 500th find. This also marks the beginning of a challenge that I'm undertaking... 100 consecutive days of caching, 100 caches in 100 days. Today made #2 of the 100 goal. I'll also be keeping you up to date on this as it progresses.
Final ride results: 26.6 miles, 17.8 mph avg, 1:29:35
Bike miles this week: 36.6
Bike miles this month: 67.4
Run miles this week: 0
Run miles this month: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers