Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another PR on the bike!


I had a GREAT ride in to work again today. I'm really beginning to enjoy these bike rides, except for the dogs. Today I tried pouring dog food out as they approached but they took NO interest in it at all. I ended with a new PR for the ride in of 1:23:50. Today, I felt like I could have gone for a short run after the bike. That's really exciting for me. I hope to start working in some 3 mile runs after the bike in in preparation for an international distance Tri this summer/fall. I'm hoping for a run tomorrow.

My interesting sight of the day on the bike made me wish I had my BlackBerry out and ready to take a picture this morning or the fancy camera mount above. As I was cruising along, two men in an OLD, BEAT UP pickup truck passed me towing 3 small trailers all attached to each other. It was quite the sight!

I also stopped along the way for a quick break to grab a cache continuing our 100 days challenge. This cache would have made day 3 but I didn't find the cache. I had set a 5 minute search time limit knowing I hate to DNF (Did Not Find) a cache but I also had to get in to work. I searched for the cache for 7 and then for my speedometer for another 3 so my total stopped time was 10 minutes. UGH! Good news though, I managed to grab another cache during lunch while out meeting Melissa at the bank to set up our NC bank account.

On the job front, I'm enjoying my new job, getting to know the new church body and trying ot remember all their names, etc. I'm learning to use iMovie to create the video announcements at the church. I've shot and edited a couple simple one scene videos last week for the announcements and they turned out OK. Today I started my first multi scene video and I'm looking forward to finishing it up tomorrow. I may just post it here when done... we'll see.

Final ride results: 26.5 miles, 18.9 mph avg, 1:23:50
Bike miles this week: 63.1
Bike miles this month: 93.9
Run miles this week: 0
Run miles this month: 0

Until the next ride, run, swim or cache...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers