Sunday, June 7, 2009

We really Tri-ed!


What a great day! Our TRI-NC Relay Team had a blast at the SC Festival of Flowers Triathlon. It was fun to do it together and we had a gorgeous day. The event was well organized and it felt cool to be competing in a top notch athletic event.

I swam first and while I missed the time I wanted by just a little, it felt great when I was finished. It was my first time competing in open water and I did not quite know what to expect. Once I had completed the 1500 meter swim I was so energized that I knew I could have continued on a bike. This is encouraging as I hope to progress and do longer triathlons later in the year on my own.

Zig and Raye both did the time splits that they expected. Raye had a new personal best and we were within 4 minutes of 3rd. place in the Relay Team competition which would have netted us a "Place" and a trophy. It was also a blast hanging around to see our friends Ruthie , Josh, and Brian and Greg complete their individual events. I'm almost ready for next time!

1 comment:

Followers