Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Debunking Billy


I started a bible study MANY years ago here. I actually started it at my previous church and after a brief hiatus I restarted it. It has grown from 1 or 2 regulars to about 10. One of our new additions (the past 2 years) has been Billy.



Billy is quite the unique character. We have had many discussions ranging from going for the PGA Senior Tour to how to start a home church. Somewhere in between those topics we have discussed food.... and the bible.



While I have listened patiently while he has spoken of eating Kosher (per the Old Testament), several of my friends (Paul, Karl Allen, and Greg) have had difficulty accepting the whole "ban on pork" thing. After Billy sent me a link on Pork Tapeworms in the Brain, I just had to do some research.



I think we have all seen the You Tube video clip of tapeworms coming out of two pork chops after pouring coke on them. While that was an upsetting thought, did any of you actually see tapeworms. I saw something white.. but have no idea what it was. Plus with the "time breaks" I would say that the likelyhood of this being true is unlikely.



When I searched for information that went deeper into the subject (from Billy's article) and did some Snopes.com searching I found a lot of debunking information. I can sum it all up in this. If you do a good job cooking the meat, you will not be growing tapeworms in your brain.



So Zig, Paul and Greg - eat all the pork you want, just stay away from the bacon sushi.

2 comments:

Followers