Thursday, July 2, 2009

My daughter is in Costa Rica!



As most of you already know if you follow this blog (why you would do that, I have no idea though) that my daughter Erin is in Costa Rica on a mission trip. We helped to drive the team up the Charlotte on Monday night and dropped them off at a hotel. They departed on Tuesday morning and flew through Atlanta and on to San Jose, Costa Rica. I watched anxiously online tracking her flights. It’s actually quite incredible the information we have available to us through the internet. Greg and I searched yesterday for more information about this place… Grano de Oro in Costa Rica. I found a couple in Texas that was just there this spring and spent a couple minutes talking with them via phone. Joe was able to guide via maps I was looking at so I would know just “where” she is. It’s amazing, while you know God is control and she is safe, how knowing “where” she is brought me additional peace. I thought I would share with you my discovery and two maps that help to pinpoint their location. The one map is a general overview with the red star obviously being Grano de Oro and the second being a topographical map from Google Earth with some photos inserted for reference. The “bridge” picture is a well known bridge for those who have been there. All the passengers get off the bus, walk across the bridge and then the bus crosses over and they reload the bus to continue the journey. I’ve heard many stories about this portion of the trip. The other “landscape” picture is one I found on Google Earth labeled “Grano de Oro” so I’ve included that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers